Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm Not Sorry for Being a Christian!

I’m not going to apologize to anyone for being a Christian. For what? Why should I apologize to the world? Should I apologize for loving Christ because he died for my sins and he saved a wretched like me? Should I apologize for knowing Jesus Christ and experiencing great freedom deep within my heart and soul? Have I committed a crime for not compromising my faith, or reconciling it with other faiths?

Society as a whole has reprimanded us Christians by telling us not to wear Christianity on our sleeves. It is bad---they say. You might offend those that are not Christian. They say "don’t pray, don’t say to anyone at work or in the street that you are Christian." Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior openly preached in the streets. He was outnumbered, but he did not care about what the people would say. If Jesus was not apologetic, neither will I be!

People are being beaten publicly within an inch of their lives for petty legalisms. Unborn babies are being killed by the hundreds and thousands across the world. Kids are shooting each other in the streets. And we should apologize for being Christian? Let’s be for real! Let us shout to the world that we are Christian and that we follow the true Prince of Peace. Accept no cheap imitations!

Amen

No comments: