Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Baby Boy



This past Thursday we were elated to learn that our unborn baby would be a boy. God blessed us with a baby girl that is now 5 years old. We tried to have another one within the past two years but we suffered two miscarriages. We were very afraid to get pregnant again and when we did we were on pins and needles.

Our main concern when my wife had the ultrasound was that the baby had all of its fingers and toes. Whether or not it was a boy or girl didn’t matter as much. Ideally we did want a boy but we left it up to God.

But deep within my heart I always knew that our next baby would be a boy. About two months ago I had a dream where I met a little boy. When I saw this baby boy in my dream I did not recognize him, but some instinct told me that it was my son. My dream was similar to the promo of the Adam Sandler movie “Big Daddy.” In my dream, out of nowhere a small boy stood next to me. I think it was God’s way to telling me that he would answer our prayers and give us a boy.

We are so excited. Our baby is scheduled to be born sometime in mid May. We are frantically looking for a very special name. We will pray to God to help us find a very meaningful name that will glorify Him.

No comments: