Monday, September 5, 2011

You Too Can Experienced Powerful Prayer


Public Domain "Jesus praying to God the Father in Gethsemane," Heinrich Hofmann, 1890.

On Sunday July 31, we finally took Moody Church’s offer to walk down to the pulpit and ask one of the prayer partners to pray for us. As a family we were going through a lot of uncertainty: I was due for bilateral hernia surgery, had problems at work, and my wife’s childhood friend back in the Philippines had lupus. My wife was very worried about her friend. She was expecting the worst. When faced with these kinds of dilemmas you can’t take it anymore and want some kind of divine intervention. So I asked my wife if we could go down after the service to have one of the prayer partners to pray for us.

So we walked down the aisle and I asked a sister who was in casual conversation with another brother that we needed prayer. She couldn't pray for us at that moment so she asked someone else, who was also engaged in casual conversation and we were told to wait.  Seeing my discouragement my wife asked me to wait. She looked around and saw a young man, in casual attire, doing prayer with others. After we waited for our turn my wife asked him if he could pray for us. Bob, who was his name did not hesitate. As we bowed down our heads for prayer and he started to pray it felt that he was right on target with each request. (And at the end of his prayer I told him that.) We thanked him for his graciousness and we all departed feeling a little bit better.

I am very happy to testify that my surgery went better than expected, we have a new network leader at work which looks like it is for the best, because after introducing her self to the staff she said “I know God sent me here, “ and my wife found out that her friend did not have lupus!! For me the last one was hard to believe, because my wife was very sure her friend had lupus and because all of the telltale symptoms of lupus wer there, and her original tests by different doctors revealed she had lupus. But when she went to her final test--it came back negative! It totally blew me away.

I am so grateful to God for intervening in our lives. We can face tomorrow with greater hope that he is within the sound of our voice. I am also thankful for Bob, who was there at the right place and the right time to pray for us.

No comments: