Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fruit of the Earth




A funny thing happened this winter. Actually it is not funny, but rather very revealing. I did not get sick with the flu. Every year it never failed. The flu bug would always put me out of commission for several days, even if I took vitamins. But this year, all I got was a mild cold. Then I realized that one lifestyle change I made was that I ate more fruit. Our daughter also got hit with the flu every year, but this year it was not that bad either. In my line of work I meet and greet over 1,000 people every week. Getting deathly ill was becoming a natural process of winter.

I believe that fruit began to get a bad rap when Adam and Eve ate fruit from the forbidden tree. Who is to say it was not Satan’s way to keep humankind from eating fruit so that their natural defenses would be weak? I even have a strong hunch that some fruit, like figs and apples may even cure deadly diseases such as cancer.



Other than the story of the Garden of Eden, I cannot recall fruit getting any bad publicity in the Bible. The word fruit actually is very good. Jesus said, “By their fruit you shall know them.” It applies to everyone. Including any future spouse being considered for life. If your potential mate is an alcoholic, or has violent predispositions, he will never change---unless of course he becomes a repentant Christian and follows the teachings of Jesus Christ. In Jesus there will always be hope for a better tomorrow. Eat more fruit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Satan's main aim is the make Christians (Hombre' especially) ineffective. He strives to do so in many ways. You got him on this!!