Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mopping the Floor




I was down and out for the last two days due to a cold. I took care of it the best way I know how. I took herbal supplements like Echinacea and it was not as bad as it usually is. God is so good with us. He gave us the remedies to help us combat almost any ailment. The small setback however took me away from my exercise routine. So today when I felt better I mopped the entire apartment. Mopping is a very good form of exercise. As a matter of fact I timed myself and did a little research on the Internet to find out how many calories I burned. I used a couple of online calorie counters to find out that I had burned 265 calories. I was surprised I burned so many calories. The calorie counters are very good because they calculate your calories using a several factors such as your height, weight, and amount of time it takes to do your specific exercise. Through the calorie counter I found out that 10 minutes of shoveling snow burns as much calories as one hour of mopping! When I use my stepper the most I burn is about 30 calories per 20 minutes of exercise. I rinsed the floor and the mop several times. I like our floors to be very clean and not leave any residue. By doing this I believe I caught up with lost time. Later this week, I will weigh myself and see if I lost any weight. Just please remember that I am not doing this out of vanity. I just want to grow old gracefully and healthy. I want to live as long as God wants me to live.

God bless you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to you too!