Monday, April 6, 2009

A Gloomy Day




Loyola Park Beach, Rogers Park--Chicago IL

In being true to my very first post, today I exercised for about 30 minutes. Our apartment/condo is very small. So I don't have the weights or tread mills necessary to get a true workout. What I do have is three portable exercise machines--a stepper, push up handles, and the Ab Rocker, which my wife bought for me as a gift a few months back. They do the job of giving me a good work out.



Loyola Park Beach, Rogers Park--Chicago IL

I should have taken the time to go for a jog, since this is the first day of my Spring Break, but the day was cold, windy and very gloomy looking. We live steps away from Lake Michigan and reports estimate that the waves were as high as 10 feet. It is not my ideal weather to job, or surf. (Incidentally, when the weather is better I have seen some people try to surf and para sail on the lake. Doesn't quite work like Hawaii, but people still keep trying!)



Loyola Park Beach, Rogers Park--Chicago IL

Before I knew Christ, these gloomy days would really affect me in a bad way. My spirit would also be gloomy. Now that I know Christ, He is the sunlight in my heart. I am not kidding. I sure wish, Spring behaved like Spring, but God is the source of my happiness. Nothing can get me down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being fit is truly one way of testifying Christ living in us. You are going the right way. Do cardio as much as you can. I beleive weight loss is your goal. Jumping rope is another option...with a good pair of shoes.

Do all of the exercises slow and steady for a longer period. Thats the key. You efforts will show soon. Im sure you have cut down oily food stuff. Stopping to eat when getting the first hint of being full will also help.

Im sorry if Im too annoying with the comments!